At places where trekking is exhausting and the use of technology becomes an offence to the memory of the Centaurs, we suggest some routes off the beaten track, on two wheels.
Miles away from the touristic buzz and with adequate equipment you will feel like the explorer of Paleros area, you will wander around the forest slopes and refresh yourself, afterwards, with the crystal clear water of the sea.
Maybe then you will come close to what was the way of life, but nowadays has become a legendary tradition.
- Kechropoula’s castle: A gate and a double surrounding wall of the ancient Akarnanian city are saved.
- The Arcaeological site of Sterna: Over the ancient Playia.There are remants of the ancient wall and two watch towers.
- The Venetian castle of Playia: It is named "Agios Georgios" built in the second half of the 17th century,It was proclaimed as a scheduled building in 1998.
- The Ragou Mansion: It is found in Paleros and it was built towards the close of the 17th century.
- Monastery of Saint Dimitris: It is built at the foot of the mountainSereka and towards the exit to Mytikas.It is built during the 16th century.
- Ktima Gerokostopoulos
- Mytika town
- Pogonia village
- Varko beach