Paleros is strategically located making it ideal for short excursions to the adjacent island of Lefkada, separated from the mainland by a floating bridge just 50m long.
Preveza, Parga, Messolongi and many other places can also be reached easily by car offering wonderful destinations for daily excursions.
Some of these destinations are:
- Fishermen on the serene lake of Ioanina.
- The Vikos George north of Ioanina is one of the most spectacular locations in the country.
- The imposing mountains of Meteora, with the impressive monasteries set on the steep cliffs.
- Experience rafting in Voidomatis River north of Ioanina
- The archeological site of Delphi.
- The ancient theater in Dodoni.
- The stadium at Ancient Olympia, the birthplace of the Olympic Games.